The MJ Scarlett Foundation Inc is a 501(c)(3) corporation that focuses on educating children, teens, and adults on how to identify human trafficking perpetrators, and protect themselves from being sex trafficked.
M J Scarlett Foundation, Inc was created in honor of our daughter, Mia Johanna Scarlett, who died May 2018 at just 2 months old.
While grieving the loss of our daughter in 2018 I came in contact with other mothers who were grieving. Their grief stemmed from the loss of their children who were sex trafficked. This experience catalyzed my empathy and compassion toward advocating for, and educating adults and children who were vulnerable to sex trafficking.
Although she did not die from human trafficking we realize that all life matters, and the gift of life is a fundamental human right for everyone. Not only was this company created to honor her, but also to help protect other families from suffering the lost of their children (or any family member).
How We Serve The Community
Our Services include:
1) Online safety and human trafficking awareness training.
2) Victim support such as pro bono counselling and service referrals.
3) Survivor providing peer to peer support and education for women who experienced domestic violence, sexual abuse, and human trafficking.
4) Increased visibility through community events such as fairs to spread awareness.
5) Assistance to vulnerable families and those experiencing homelessness.
Meet The Team
DR. Tamara Dawes, J.S.D.
ADMIN. ASSISTANT (INTERN)/SURVIVOR
DR. SARI LATOMAA, j.s.d
DR. Patricia Temes, Ph.D., LCSW
PRO BONO THERAPIST
Human Trafficking Prevention/Awareness Training (Events)
Victims Help Sticker
(See more sponsors on our donation page.)